“Health is wealth” this is a very common saying and it is so true. If we do not have health then there is no use in possessing wealth. Knowledge about anything is never a waste and especially about health and the various health diseases. This health information knowledge will let help you in protect yourself as well your friends and neighbors. It is important to know the common types of health diseases and their basic cure. Today, everyday we hear about a new disease attacking the city through epidemics. Millions of people all around the world die because of certain disease even before its medicine is invented or discovered.
Before knowing about the common types of health diseases, we must know about disease. ‘Disease’ has been defined in many ways but the most commonly accepted one is that “disease is a condition in which the body’s normal functioning is affected”. It is also said that when a person is affected to any disease then he or she is not just physically disturbed but also mentally and socially.
There are many types of diseases. You can classify them either according to the ways they are spread or according to the cause of their spreading.
Some of the common types of health diseases are:
- Infectious disease: These types of disease are caused due to microorganisms. These organisms can enter into your body via many different ways. Unhygienic food, water, polluted air are some of the ways through which they can enter your body. Infectious diseases can further be divide into the following ways:
- Parasitic disease
- Bacterial disease
- Viral disease
- Fungal disease
- Contagious disease: These diseases are transferred from one person to another through food, water or physical contact. An unhealthy person can pass his or her disease to a healthy person. If a person is coughing and you happen to touch even a drop of the fluid or his hands then you are susceptible to be infected to this disease. That is the reason why doctors suggest relatives and friends to stay away from the patient. One example of contagious disease is swine flu.
- Genetic disease: Genetic diseases are caused due to the faults or disarrangement in our genes. There is no cure for genetic disease, as these diseases are inborn. You can find out whether the child will have any genetic disease when he or she is in the womb.
- Hypo or hyper disease: Some diseases are caused due to the deficiency or over intake of certain foods in the body. If you eat excess of vitamin c then your face will turn pale or if you do not take enough of vitamin A then you might fall prey to night blindness.
- Sexual disease: Some diseases are transferred due to sexual intercourse with multiple partners. Body fluids, which are passed into one another’s body during sex, cause these diseases. Through mechanical barriers, you can avoid these diseases. Some are curable while some are not. AIDS is an example of this type of disease.